Wednesday, June 4, 2014

CHICAGO!!! GRADUATION!!! MADA!!!

Dear Family,

I am so stoked for Luke to be going on a mission!! Like I just started clapping in here because I was so excited!! Its so awesome that he and Brock can travel together and speak the same language!! SO JEALOUS!! So, Im sorry that I am emailing today, however, there has been some serious happenings here... Not good ones either.  Last week, Elder Palmer started to get a headache and it progressively got worse and worse until it got so bad that he started seeing double vision and he couldnt move very quickly... So, we went to Antsirabe because in Ambositra... we dont have doctors.  So we sat at the doctors for like three hours while they did tests on him and could find no cause of why his head was in so much pain!  The next three nights I became a nurse... I was up every two hours on the hour giving elder palmer pain medication... he was on five different medications.  Codeine was one of them.  He was throwing up and it was not getting any better, so bad that we even missed church... you know its bad when we miss church.  So, the next step was to get him to Tana.  So there I was, in a truck driving up to Tana while my comp is hooked up to an IV in the car.... The driver was new to driving stick shift which made it all that much better!  There, we got to the office and I got out and before I could ask if I could accompany my comp to the hospital, he was off.  I was spending the next six hours with the office elders... (this was monday)  I had no idea how he was doing or what was happening.  We went out to teach and while we were teaching I got a call and found out that there was a vein in his brain that had popped or he had an annorism... (spelling) so he was being flown to South Africa for surgery... he left on Tuesday morning... Soooooo.... what happens with me?  I sat and asked myself the same thing until Pres. Adams called me in Tuesday evening and told me I am in a trio down in Antsirabe in a place called Andranomanelatra.... Yep. So I went back, spent the night with the zone leaders last night, got up this morning, went back to ambositra, cleaned the house, got elder palmers stuff together, got my stuff together, and came back up to Antsirabe.  Elder Palmer will sadly be going home, Pres. said that this was pretty serious.  Ohh... quick btw the Saturday before we left ambositra, we had two baptisms and I did one of them!  Tell Adam Wood that I am on the road to 20 bap. a year!! The place I am working now is a really well working area so I have high hopes.  The language is coming, slowly but surely... kinda!  Since its a Wednesday night I dont have that much time to cyber...  Please pray for elder palmer!  Oh quickly, my new comps are elder Peters from Tahiti and elder cartmill from North Dakota.  Peters is a baller and Cartmill is sad to say but a nerd, but he has a poppin attitude and he thinks that everything is just happy go lucky so I cant complain.  I love you all and just want to congradulate my little big brother for graduating, I know it was hard for you.. the school part... hahhaha.  Sucks that you didnt win an ipad mini or anything... Anyway, I had a lot of emails today so this one is kind of vague and short, but Im doing great, as good as I can anyway! Thanks for all of the love and support!

All my Love

Elder Herrin

No comments:

Post a Comment