Monday, May 18, 2015

Rain Rain, Go Away

Dear Family,

What a long week.  After being able to skype you guys on Monday, it seemed as though this week was way long.  It didnt help that it rained like every single day this week making work just that much harder.  Every morning, Elder Razakamandimby would play that guitar and sing Jack Johnsons "Bananna Pancakes" and sing about how its raining and we dont need to go outside... Real hard to get out to work sometimes.  But, we always did and we were always grateful that we did. 

This week was full of surprises, as is every week here in Madagascar.  One of them being that we had Branch Conference yesterday.  That wouldnt have been that big of deal, except for the fact that my companion and I were asked to be a part of the choir.  They were in desperate need of male voices and the white guys were the ones they wanted.  So that was an interesting experienc as we sang in both Malagasy and French... My french accent is not good AT ALL... hahah.  It was quite a crack up as I had to stop after every line and ask how to read the phrase in french. 

The work is going great.  This week we were able to visit a lot of less actives, just like the last few weeks.  haa... let me tell you about one of the times that we had with a less active family.  So, the husband is like 79 and the wife is 52... yaa its a malagasy thing, dont ask.  They have one daughter who I believe is not baptized, but learned from the missionaries when the parents were baptized.  We talked to them about the importance of prayer and how to recieve answers to prayers.  They didnt really have much to say, so before I ended the lesson I asked if they would be attending church this week. The mother told me that because her daughter was attending some catholic communion or something.  And because of that, the parents cant attend church.  My companion knows kind of what was going on so he explained to me what the catholic thing was, but I, (being kind of stubborn) asked why the parents couldnt come to church.  My comp, again, tried to tell me in english why they couldnt and explain the catholic thing, but I just wanted to be a butt I guess and ask why thieir daughters  catholic church was effecting them.  They didnt have an answer other than it would be too hard to go to both... some things just bother elder herrin I guess. 

In other news, things are going great here in Tamatave.  It is starting to cool down, only at night though.  I love working here.  I love the mission.  I love you more.  Sorry the letter is kinda short this week.  Just know that I love you all.  Keep the faith. 

All my love

Elder Herrin





This is a picture of that dog i was telling you guys about. My comp is about 5'9... and the dog is still on its way up.

Thats the new church


No comments:

Post a Comment