Friday, January 1, 2016

Tratra ny Krismasy!

Dear Family,

Merry Christmas, again.  It was so good to be able to talk to you this week. My siblings are all getting to be so big... kinda weird.  Its so funny to see them the way they are going about life now.  Rhet is driving to and from practice, Maci is playing basketball and playing the piano and Ty is doing all his sports while finding a way to keep his little mouth moving.  It amazes me.  Mom and dad, well, I love you.  What a wonderful hour and a half that I had to chat.  Just knowing that the next time I talk to you will be in person... a little weird to be honest.  What are we doing for the new year?  Party at the Browns?  That has seemed to be the usual! 

My week was fantastic.  As I told you when we talked, the office couples decided to get the workers here at the office a gift.  They bought 19 ducks for each of them.  Yes, 19 live ducks.  Elder Covey and I got to help Sis. Woolley put a little tinsel around each of the necks to make them festive.  Then the workers came one by one to pick up their gift.  First come, first got the fattest. 

As for the missionaries, we had a big party.  Elder Covey and I were here at the office early making pancakes and eggs with President and Sister Foote.  We fed the missionaries a mighty breakfast.  After we had finished that, we had a really nice spiritual thought.  We heard from Sis. Rossitter (our mission nurse) and from President and Sister Foote.  Both talked briefly about the true meaning of Christmas.  There was something that President Foote talked about that really hit me.  He was talking about coming to know our Savior better, on a personal level.  He said, "As missionaries, we wear him on our chest every day, but He wears us on his hands and feet."  It was a really powerful statement that hit me.  I have thus started to study more about the Savior.  What a great man he is.  We played a couple of games with both zones and finished the afternoon off by watching "A Christmas Story".  WITH the approval of President Foote of course. 

I spent a lot of time with the Footes as we work closely together.  We got to hear about all of his Christmas traditions and what he did with his family.  I pondered about the wonderful Herrin traditions that we have.  I hope that you all were able to get into your new Christmas pajamas and go look at Christmas lights.  I hope that you were able to all spend the night in the same room to awake to the wonderful feeling of Christmas day.  I hope that dad read from Luke and that you all got to feel of the true meaning of that Christmas day. 

I know that Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world.  For you and me.  I know that through Him, we can be saved and that we can all return to live with our Heavenly Father once again. 

As we prepare for this new year of 2016, I DARE you to make some goals.  Push yourself.  I will do it as well.  Thanks so much for being my support team back home.  I could not do this without you.  I love you so much.  I love being a missionary, too!

All my Love

Elder Herrin




No comments:

Post a Comment