Monday, July 21, 2014

More Experiences

Dear Family,

So this week has been another wonderful week here in Ambohimangakely!  So we worked and did normal stuff on Tuesday and Wednesday but on Thursday, we had interviews with President Adams... Not that that is a bad thing, but its just a little nerve wracking.  So he asked me how I was doing, and I said... "good"  No, I said I was doing great and he asked me what I had learned so far.  I went on to talk about the many things that I didnt think I could do before my mission, or even on my mission, but as a missionary, and with faith, we can do SO much more than we think.  Then he asked me a really scary question, he said... "Do you feel comfortable as a missionary, like with the language, and the way of the missionary?"  Oh boy, I just know that I am going to have to train next transfer... AHHHHHH  I cant do that, I am going to have to be district leader to because the only other missionaries in our district are sisters... Anyway, my interview was not that long (go figure) and after that I was really not feeling well, so we went home and I threw up so hard... I felt like little TY Herrin yackin up his food... After that I went to bed... woke up the next morning feeling fine! So... Friday and Saturday we worked.  I am teaching a lot more than I have been... A. Because my comp doesnt like to teach B.  Because he is about as good as me C.  Because I need to get better if I am going to train.  Saturday we teach english, well I do because my comp is french, so they wanted to talk about cars and stuff from america.  They also had an activity at the church on Saturday which consisted of the sisters talking and the kids playing fifa on a TV that the church bought... It was so funny.  Sunday we had a pathetic 43 people at church.  We really need to step our game up in Ambohimagakely.  So we went out to work and we had one app at the church with that woman I talked about either last week or the week before.  She is the one who lives in the area with a gang and they are always on the run.  So we met her at the church and she has decided to move to Toliare which is a long way away and right now they are living with family in a different part of Tana.  They want to be baptized and learn, but I dont know how that is going to work if they cant come to church, but its great that they want to be baptized.  When we finished work we headed for home.  Usually we have to take a taxi (and yes spend some money) to get to our house which is in Mahazo or about ten minutes away.  But my comp wanted to see if we could walk and take a short cut.  Yaa set up for a bad ending I know... So we walked across rice patties, through little villages and we were finally to an area where my comp recognized.  "Just up that hill he said, thats our house right there!"  So we started up this hill, which didnt have a path, we just were walking through brush and crap.  We saw snakes, which is a no bueno thing, so we steered clear of them.  We were almost there when my comp said  "hold on!" we paused and waited a second, and thats when we saw not one, not two, but three large security dogs running at us ferociously.... "RUN" my comp said.  Oh he didnt have to tell me that, I was gone in the blink of an eye! Jessy Owens style Bishop! hhahahaha! I dont know how we got away, but we did!  We had to walk the long way home and I was ok with that!  Today we got to play soccer against an actual team... the missionaries usually lose every week they play, but this week oh no!  5 to 3 we won!  I am not saying its me cause it really wasnt but we have some really good players or missionaries and we put on a show today! Oh how I missed soccer.  Today I also got a couple yellow ties!  Miracles for Makenzie!  If thats how I can show my love from Madagascar then thats what I will do!  I also got a yellow bracelet!  Its been a good week and next week should be fun as well!  Thanks for all of the love and support. I love you so much

All my Love

Elder Herrin

No comments:

Post a Comment