Monday, July 7, 2014

Training Program... OVER

Dear Family,

So I have officially finished my training program which means I have been here 12 weeks already! CRAZY! And as always, there has been some unusual happenings here this week! So, monday I was in Tana and I went on splits with some really cool elders named rigby and horspool!  I stayed with them that night.  We talked about a lot of things and stayed up probably too late just talking about life and girls and pre mission shenanigans... then tuesday was the memorial service for elder palmer... yes I cried like a little girl, BUT its only because sister adams (the presidents wife) started crying and she got me started.  I hope that the things I said will comfort his family. It was recorded so that his family could have it.  That day we drove back to Antsirabe and we stayed the night there.  We got up the next morning to find that the truck that we have got robbed!  All of one elders money was stolen, his camera, and the battery to the car was gone.  They also sifened some gas and took a license from one elders wallet as well. I felt so bad for that elder... its not like the car wasnt locked.  Anyway, we got back to ambositra way late on wednesday night so we couldnt work.  On Thursday, we GOT ELECTRICITY!!! It was so exciting to do laundry and turn on a light!  That day was also the fourth of July so I danced around the house singing American songs to my Malagasy comp!  We went out to work but didnt have much success as people were gone or "busy".  Friday was a little bit better, we got some times and worked hard.  Saturday we got up and got ready to go to Anjoma for the day.  We got to the bus area and the guy there wanted to charge us "special" because I was a vaza... ummm no sir you cannot be racist and charge me extra because I am white... so we had to wait for another bus to go... we got to Anjome later than we wanted so the President there had already started the 6 kilometer hike to the people we were going to teach... so we couldnt go with him. Instead we went to his house where his children fed us rice and we talked with them for like 2 hours thinking that Pres would be back by then but he didnt come back.  So we left and got back to Ambositra just in time for out next time.  Here is where things get crazy.  At our last time on Saturday night we showed up to the house and the lady who we were going to teach said that someone from this area had died... Which really means I cant learn right now.  So I just said ok, do you need any help or can we don anything... She then talked really fast in Malagasy and we followed her to another building... We walked into a room where a dead man lay and his family sat crying... then she turned to us and said can you give them a spiritual thought or give a talk to help them... Yaa right when she said that I sat down on a chair and looked down at the ground.  My comp though, he was a trooper and gave a great VP about the plan of salvation and it was really good and I just couldnt get over that there was a dead man laying like two feet from me... Pretty crazy experience if you ask me.  Sunday was good, still only 51 total at church.  There are a lot of problems in ths area with apostate people and just things not going right.  On Sunday night, I found out that I was being transferred to TANA, and I would be getting a new comp!  He is from France and his name is elder Leroux!  That is the happenings here.  One quick funny story from the week. Each morning we walk down to the little "store type thing" and buy food for breakfast.  Like a couple eggs, some bread, and maybe some snacks for our studies.  There was a little malagasy boy who was there and he, of course, said "VAZA"  and so I kinda talked to him, but every time I said something he responded with "his feet are so clean" hahahah, I ended up buying him some candy for the day!  Gotta love the people here!  I love you so much

All my Love

Elder Herrin

No comments:

Post a Comment