Monday, June 15, 2015

Back To the COLD!

Dear Family,

How are you all doing this week?  It was so good to hear from mom again and have her tell me all about the adventures that you had.  I am so excited for Rhet and Maci to do that Trek thing and I am also way stoked to find out how the NBA finals play out!  I hope that you are all doing well, healthy and are smiling.  We live a wonderful life!

Sooo, this week was one for the books! I got transfers on Sunday night and left Tamatave on Tuesday morning.  It was a really long trip.  The bus broke down about a half hour in and we had to wait for another bus to come pick us up.  We left at 7 ish and got to Tana at 5:30... Long trip.  That night was so fun. I said goodbye to Elder Hein as he has finished his mission.  He was someone that I really looked to as a role model on the mission.  And we had a "sleepover" with all of the coolest missionaries.  Elder Davis being one of them.  So good to see him again...

Wednesday morning, we got on another bus and headed down to Antsirabe.  I got there and took a shower, then got to work.  No rest for the missionaries here.  My new companions name is Elder Obioma.  He is a 6'4 black guy.  Yes, I had to include that he was black because he wouldnt be elder obioma if he wasnt black.  He is awesome!  24 years old, convert to the church, and just knows what he is doing on the mission.  He is one of those people that is driven, who wants to work hard, to do whats right.  With all of that being said, my life has changed!  I workout with him every morning... well I try. My body is more sore that it was on a friday night game after Escalon.  I eat at home for every meal.  I am learning to cook.  And I am learning to work hard.  Its amazing what one black man can do for a white man.  Thanks Martin Luther King Jr.  Anyway, Antsirabe is awesome.  I just wanna share a couple of stories with you.

In the Antsirabe Branch there are sooo many returned missionaries.  One of them happens to be ex. sis. Zanarisoa.  She was in my district when I was training... We walked into their home for one of the two soiree's that we have and I heard the words, "Papa!" come out of her mouth.  I was shocked to find her sitting in the house.  It was so nice to sit and talk to her though.  I can actually speak malagasy now.  In terms of the work.  ITs going great. 
This week we found a lot of time to tract.  That was because a lot of people dropped us.  It happened all week.  Then Sunday rolled around.  We had two times in a row with "newer" investigators.  At the end of the restoration of the gospel lesson, I invited them to be baptized.  They both responded with yes and a testimony of how they had been waiting for something like that to happen.  It was so cool.  I am going to love it here, and if I dont freeze to death, I will turn this place into Zion!   I love being a missionary!

All my Love

Elder Herrin

The best family in Tamatave.  Fr. Christophe and his wife and kids.

The bus trip down to Tana...

The one and only Elder Obioma doing some contacting

No comments:

Post a Comment