Monday, August 17, 2015

Greatest Area in the World

Dear Family,

How was the first day of school??  How is the homework, back to the heat of it.  Something crazy to think about... I will be home during this school year... wow!!!!  Cant think like that though!  I hope that health is good.  I keep little Ethan in my prayers along with Briel and Gpa Herrin.  Hope theyre doin better.  My week was just great, as if they keep getting better and better.  I dont know how it happens, but it does. 

This week we found some of the coolest people to teach. 

There was this man that we talked to last week.  He is the President of the fokon tany.. I dont know how to translate that, sorry.  He is just a happy jolly guy.  The first time we talked to him, we left a pamphlet and asked him to read it and said that we would come back.  We came back and he had read the entire thing and had questions about "Joe Smiff"  hahahah.  He made sure that the entire family was there and listening.  We came back again for a second time this week.  And we started the lesson by reviewing the things that we had learned and he had his daughters answer who were no older than 10.  The man had taught his daughters from our small pamphlet!! We gave him a Book of Mormon and invited them to be baptized.  He had plenty of questions about that, but we helped him realize that we were going to give them time to learn and ask God before we put them under.  They accepted.  The wife said the closeing prayer and started to cry as she prayed.  She was filled with the spirit.  One of the coolest things on my mission yet.

We taught this other new investigator named Torix.  He is one of those classic people who is just ready to learn.  He has been asking questions to the soul.  He asked us to help him stop smoking almost 13 cigarettes a day... so he is a work in progress.  He just had to twin girls... a month old.  adorable! 

Our branch is doing great.  I just cant tell you how awesome this area is and if that wasnt enough, my zone is the bomb dot com.  Our mission pres is really pushin unity in the zones, aka zone activities.

Elder Obioma and I had a zone activity where we had a rap battle parody.  You will have to ask Luke to show you the rap battle parody on youtube, but we did just that.  It was soooo much fun and hilarious at the same time. 

I love you all so much.  Thanks for all your love and support.  I feel it from all the way across the world.

All My Love

Elder Herrin



No comments:

Post a Comment