Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Change of Plans

Dear Family,

How was the first week of school??  How is seminary?  Ohh man I get all worked up thinking about Rhet taking Maci to school.  Brings me back to the days of me and brock riding in the ole VW Jetta rollin to school with Jeffrey Rogers playing T Swift.  Good times.  How is our health doing??  Good, well I am glad to hear.

This week has just been a blur.  It is now the last week of the transfer and I cannot believe where the time has gone.  We have been so blessed here in Antsirabe to work with such amazing people and teach people that have been prepared to hear the great word of God. 

We have spent a lot of time working with our less actives.  They are just not coming back to church and havent been able to figure out what is causing it.  Well... we definitely found our answer. 

On Thursday we got calls from the AP's telling us that zone conference was on monday (thats today).  They said that we would be going on a split with the member of the 70, Elder Cook.  I was so excited cause we have some great investigators to go to.  Then on Friday we got a call that we had to move the conference to Saturday...

My companion and I were up Saturday morning making bread for the 40ish people that would be attending the conference.  We volunteered to do that.  Nothing seemed to be going right.  We showed up early and we were having to help one of the couple get a broken key out of the door that had busted... we were trying to get everyone ready and then the AP's come to me and say that I am conducting the meeting... what?? 

Elder Cook is a great guy.  He taught about true conversion and what must occur in order to have the conversion in you.  I like one quote from PMG "you cannot convert someone beyond your own conversion"  The meeting went really long, but it was great to get his insights and teachings along with our new mission president. 

Sunday we really put into practice his teachings as we talked about the atonement.  We saw and felt the difference.  Kind of a short letter this week but just know that I am great and love the mission right now.   I love you all so much. 

ALl my love,

ELder Herrin


I made a new friend

The monsterous meal I was trying to devour

bread

cute girls-1

cute girls-2

No comments:

Post a Comment