Monday, November 9, 2015

I love being a missionary!

Dear Family,

We have come to the end of yet another week.  And it sounds like the Herrins are still doing well.  I loved seeing the couple pictures of Ty on his birthday.  #ladykiller And I also loved seeing little Rhet out on the night with a cute girl on his hip.  #ballislife  Isnt that right Rhet?  Hahah.  I hope that I can still make you guys laugh like I used to.  I miss my siblings a lot.  The Thanksgiving and Christmas season are coming and I am sure that you are all starting to feel of the great love that comes during this time of year.  Mom says that you are planning on just another Herrin Thanksgiving at the house.  What a traditional Herrin way.  My week was much like previous hectic weeks.  Zavaiko:

We had a wonderful zone conference up in Tamatave at the beginning of the week.  President Foote talked a lot about finding the elect and helping our investigators progress.  He used the same examples that he used in our previous zone conferences, but it always comes out different in each conference because the elders have different needs.  He talked about Peter and how it was no coincidence that he was in the boat with Jesus when he gave his sermon.  It was just a really cool zone conference.  I learned something new every time.  We drove back and had a couple of days to meet with President and discuss the transfer and what needed to be done before my companion left. 
My companion, Elder Rigby, leaves this upcoming Monday so we are going to have to make some early transfers in order to fix the three elders that will be headed home to make it in time for Thanksgiving.  I dont know if I have ever shared with you the wonderful man that my mission president is, but if I havent, I am going to take a second to share with you. 

President Foote is one of those guys that you look at and just say, "He has life figured out!"  I dont know how or why I got so lucky as to work along side of him, but I feel like I am learning so much from the wisdom that he has gained over his 50 some odd years of life.  I have seen the  blessings through his life that comes from living the gospel.  I love listening to stories from President and Sister Foote as they share stories from their lives and about their children.  I know that I want the gospel in my life just through seeing it used right in the lives of others. 

We spent the rest of the week preparing for my companion to leave and for my new companion to come in.  We went shopping with Sis. Foote and had a really fun preparation day with President and Sister Foote.  I love life.  It is just a roller coaster right now, and I would not have it any other way right now.  I love being a missionary!

All my Love

Elder Herrin

No comments:

Post a Comment