Monday, August 18, 2014

Activites, Soccer, and... TRANSFERS...

Dear Family,

How is everyone doing?  Never been a better day to smile than today!!  I have had a very exciting week, nothing new there!  So on Tuesday, it was a pretty slow day... not many times, just a really fun suaree with a member family.  Wednesday was much cooler, not really.  Another slow day becuase my comp was sick, so I swept the whole house, cleaned the bathroom, did the dishes, you know, big boy stuff!  Thursday was better though.  I taught a 12 year old the word of wisdom, the way the we do in Madagascar is so much easier and I like to teach it with kids.  Haahahah!  Then we had a couple more lessons that I taught.  More like spiritual thought, but they were still good.  We were supposed to have a meeting with our Branch President on Thursday but he never comes.  We call him in the morning and he says, ya ya ill be there... never once has he shown up... kind of annoying.  Friday was where the F.U.N. began!  We went to our first time at 1 o clock and they were headed to the church for an activity... we talked to them for a little while and we found out that on that day, for some reason, all malagasys went to their church to pray... which meant all of the investigators we were supposed to teach that day were going to be at thier church, praying... So we thought, hey! Lets go to the activity!  They were making pizza and I like pizza so sounds good.  We had a small lesson about how to properly bear your testimony and then we started the cooking.  The one and only picture that I put up this week is of me just before they asked me to roll the dough.  They said I needed to do it because I was strong... yaaa my friends and football coach would beg to differ with that statement, but I did it!  We got to eat it too, they really like the missionaries here in Mada!  Then we went to our member suaree where they fed us, drum roll please...., rice!  This family is so fun and I love talking with them.  They have 3 daughters, and no thats not why I like going there, I promise.  Its kinda like Uncle Jason and Romis family!  The parents are so so funny and the daughters are just as fun to be around!  I love the dad because he is kind of quiet because the girls tune him out a lot and he is just funny when he gets the chance.  Anyway, so we didnt end up leaving until like 8... and busses stop going at like 7:30... So we waited at the bus stop area for like 30 minutes and got nothing.  It was like an hour walk back to our house and we really didnt want to do that... then something happened.  God does love me!! There was this car that passed us, and then it turned around and pulled up in front of us.  They asked us where we needed to go and told us to get in!  OH MY HOLY MIRACLE!  It may not seem like it to you americans, but you gotta understand that this sort of thing almost never happens for white people in madagascar!! This couple was so so nice and when we got out, I tried to give the 1000 ari ary and they would not accept any money.  Ya, God does love his missionaries!  Saturday was cool too.  We had Mormon Helping Hands.  So I was expecting something like we do in America... oh no.  What we did was we went to a members home and we re cemented his water well.  It took like an hour and we were done... more like a little service project, but hey, it felt good to help.  Then we had a soccer game.  It was against some guys that were our age and on my team we had members... I am not going to say anything more than we lost.  Yep, so after the game we went home, showered real quick and had to be at the church because I was teaching the english class.  It went really well, the students that come are really good and can understand almost everything I say.  That night, I came home and did the dishes, again, and pretty much just hit the pillow hard.  Sunday we had Branch Conference.  It was really good.  After church we always go to this investigators house because they feed us lunch, rice.  Midway through, we had the branch president come and he was teaching how the correct way to do home teaching to the guys he brought with him.  It was so cool to know that the church is the same throughout the world.  Leroux was basically saying his goodbyes to people because he was pretty sure that he was getting transfered out this transfer.  Then we went to a couple other people and gave spiritual thoughts and Leroux said bye bye.  We also gave a couple blessing because two young women have the "BAK" test, its some test that says wether or not you can go to university.  Big deal.  Then we talked with the family that has three girls.  We went home and awaited the transfer news.  Well, you guessed it, I am training.  Oh wait, no one guessed that because I have only been here 4 months and am still learning the language.  Should be interesting though.  I am so grateful to be here and to be apart of this wonderful work.  I love being a missionary!

All my Love

Elder Herrin




No comments:

Post a Comment