Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I have ROOMATES!!

Dear Family,

This week has been great!! But I just like to pretend like I am not going to talk about myself first and ask how you are doing?  How is health, sports, and school? I hope that all is well and that we are all happy! Ok, so this week was just fantastic!  I recieved two roomates that live in my house now!  One elder I have previously worked with and he is training!  Elder Webb is the trainer and Elder Nelson is the trainee... both AMERICAN!! yes, that means they speak english!  I have been talking like non stop to them.  I dont have to talk to myself anymore.  I dont know if I shared this with you before, but when it was just my comp and me at the house, I would talk to myself and tell stories as if someone was listening to me... pretty pathetic, but it was nice to just talk.  Now I have two people who can respond to my speaking!! In other news, my comp and I are doing a lot better.  He finally decided to recieve my advice and we are teaching much better TOGETHER now!  He still feels the need to retrace my words every time, but at least we are switching off with the teaching...So this week was pretty crazy just with everyone moving to their new areas.  I did not get to work a full week because I was helping here, showing areas there, and I have the only set of keys to our house, so I had to be home early to let the other elders in.  I also got to experience my very fist rain storm.  Yesterday night we were way up in a mountain teaching a father about Joseph Smith.  We couldnt hear a word anyone was saying becuase it was so loud from the rain hitting the tin roof.  We walked down the mountain to the bus stop and by then I was literally DRENCHED in water.  Everything was wet and we had to wait about 20 minutes in the pouring rain for a bus to come through and swoop the missionaries! I was not happy at all that I was soaken wet!  Any way, things are going well here in Mada, just passed my 7 month mark if you can believe that?? I love serving here, and I love working with the malagasy people!  I love you all so much.  I love being a missionary!

Elder Herrin

No comments:

Post a Comment