Monday, October 27, 2014

Fantastic Week!

Dear Family,

How are you all doing this week?  I hope that you are doing well and smiling each and every day!  I have truely been blessed this week and have just been so happy!  Let me tell you all about it.  So this is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down, so Id like to take a minute just sit right here... ok yaa.  So Tuesday and Wednesday were great days.  The work is going well in Ambohimangakely and we are still doing our best to find people who are ready to hear our message.  Thursday was awesome.  We had Zone Meeting!  This transfer we got a new zone leader.  His name is Elder Hein.  I will explain a little bit more about Elder Hein later, but just know that he is like THE missionary.  So the meeting was great!  It was all about integrity and how we, as missionaries, need to be more accountable for our part of the Lord's vineyard... Kind of hit home to all of us and we are working harder than ever!  Friday was even better, I got to go on a split with Elder Hein.  Elder Hein:  Is from Texas, graduated 2013 and has been serving for just over a year.  He started in Ambositra just like I did!  Elder Hein is that guy that just brightens a room when he walks in.  He is the sociable, happy, smiling guy that everyone is just drawn too and comes to love as they know him.  He has come to be one of my biggest examples and someone I strive to be like more and more every day!  So that day, we taught 8 lessons... That is like my record as a missionary! It was so cool!  His area is so great and the people like can actually retain information so its a lot easier to teach!  We went back to his house and I stayed the night with him and the 4 other missionaries that he lives with!  That night, I stayed up talking with elder hein and elder koplin.  Elder Koplin is the kid from Kevins stake.  What a stud!!  Those two guys are awesome, we stayed up and looked at the clock after some good ole heart to hearts and found that it was 1 oclock in the morning... yaa thats not good.  The next morning we were up and gone by six because conference started at 8 up at the office... CONFERENCE!! It was so good!  I got a lot from it... including the fact that in my prayers, I should be asking for guidance as to who I should marry... probably wont be taking that advice just yet... I got to see all the missionaries from tana and sit and watch the talks of the prophet and the apostles with my elders!  It was just a great week and I could not be happier!  I will try and get some pictures home as I know it has been a while! I love you all so much and am so grateful for the thoughts and prayers in my behalf.  Attitude and Effort!

All my love

Elder Herrin

No comments:

Post a Comment