Monday, October 13, 2014

SUCK IT UP!

Dear Family,

I never realized how much I really appreciated the advice from Lloyd about just suckin it up!  Hahahah.  How are you all doing this week?  I hope that we are all doing well and loving life!  Remember: To be carnally minded is death, and do be spiritually minded is life eternal!  2 Nephi 9:39.  I gave that spiritual thought yesterday and the people loved it!  So this week has been up and down!  We had a good week overall with the work.  We racked up 26 hours of total proselyting time, taught about 20 times and felt pretty good about the area.  Tuesday was a good day, and so was wednesday. I am loving having more than one roomate in the house.  Its nice to come home after a day of work and just talk about it in english with other people who are doing the same thing! Thursday we had interviews with President Adams.  They went as well as they could have I think.  I am working with president to help my companionship grow.  I feel like every time it starts to get good, it stumbles and falls... That happened this week. It was going great, then we had interviews and all of a sudden I was a bad teacher and not a good companion, in my companions eyes.  So Saturday we went on a split with the AP's and I really enjoy having other people with us!  We taught some great times and got to do a little adventuring in my area.  We found this like winter wonderland area.  Every object was painted a different color and it was somewhat clean!  We found out that this area was owned by a man named Pedro.  He is like a pope and he buys homes for people but if you live there, you have to go to his church and do what he says and devote all your time and effort to him... seems cool right.. Sunday was good.  We had 54 at church which is way good for us!  We taught some way good times and got to get home a little early to do weekly planning that we werent able to do earlier this week because of conflicts.  So, just a side note.  I have had the WORST luck with using the bathroom this week!  In our house we, every couple days, lose power and water pressure.  But you never know when it hits or when water stops... So there have been like two times this week where I just go UNload on the toilet and then there is no water to flush it down.  So I just walk away and wait till I hear the "OHHH are you SERIOUS!!!" from someone in the house!! And then we were headed up the mountain to this time yesterday and I had to pee.  So I went inbetween two abandoned houses and started to go.  Mid stream, a woman walks up from the other side of the houses... ughhh yaa that was an awkward stare.  Other than that, I am doing well!  I am working hard and doing my best to help these short malagasys!  Thanks for all of the love and support.  I love being a missionary!

All my Love

Elder Herrin

No comments:

Post a Comment