Monday, December 22, 2014

The Transfer Week

Dear Family,

Ohh what a week it has been... I guess ill start from the beginning.  However, like always, I like to start with saying how much I miss you.  I hope that you are all happy, healthy, and enjoying this Christmas season with eachother.  May you all remember the true meaning of Christmas and the importance of being unselfish.  Not tryin to come down hard, but being here has really just made me appreciate what little I have as a missionary, and how much I have been blessed with.  Look at where youre sitting... Its 100 times nicer than anything in Mada. 
So anyways, this week was great!!  Elder Lambert enjoyed his last 3 days here in Paradise by saying goodbye to many of the wonderful investigators that we are teaching.  He was able to purchase items that he has been wanting for a while, to really just soak it all in before he left.  Anyone who leaves Fort D is always pretty down in the dumps, but he held it in pretty well!  So Wednesday we were able to say goodbye to all of our members because there was dance practice for the primary, ym/yw, and any of those who were performing in the Christmas party that happened this week.  Our President showed up and said goodbye, and many pictures were taken. (I am like a professional photographer now) Thursday morning was the day! We were up at like 5:30 because the new elders were getting here at 6:45 and Lambert left at 7.  We got to the airport and everyone and their mom was their because people were either leaving to go home to their family, or coming to see family for the holidays.... I was just recieving a new comp, which is almost as good as family.  Elder Yeagley is the name!! He is a newer missionary than me.  From Utah... every single american comp that I have had (all 3) have been from Utah... hahahah!  He is so cool.  He is a convert to the church of only 3 years and is now serving a mission at 22 years old.  We get along great and I am really liking this transfer so far.  Soo, Satruday the 20th.  Maci's birthday!! Happy Happy Birthday from your older brother in Madagasikara.  We actually had a huge party for your birthday.  The activity was supposed to start at 2... so the missionaries showed up at 1:30 trying to be helpful right... we didnt start till about 3:45. Yaa it was stressful.  But the activity was wonderful.  It was basically a talent show where people danced and sang about Jesus Christ and his birth.  So, quick little funny story...  When Lambert was still here, we had sort of practiced a dance to do with some young women, but when we heard that he was leaving we just called it off... at least thats what I thought.  In the middle of the primary and ym singing and dancing, we get told that we are up next... uhhhhhh!  Soo, I threw on a nice little elf costume, my comp was santa, and we just wowed the malagsies with our white dancing!  They loved it.  The only thing that went wrong was the food.  We had a solid 250 people at the activity.  Probably 200 children... so when we passed out candy, brownies that I made, juice, kids were complaining that they didnt recieve their fair share.  That it turned angered some parents and just not fun.  But other than that, it was really good.  Sunday rolled around and church was good.  Both me and my companion were not feeling great, but we perservered and went out and taught some really great times.  I do not know how well the work will go this week.  Many people have already started partying and doing things that probably shouldnt be done, but we are going to do our best to tell everyone in Fort D about the birth of Jesus Christ!  Oh, this gospel is so true!  As I continue to listen to Christmas music, see families together, boy does it make me miss you guys.  I remember the traditions that we had and still have.  I sure hope that you are going to read in Luke, get in pj's and drive around to see the beautiful lights.  I hope that Rhet, Maci, and Ty all sleep in the same room so you can all wake up together and feel the wonderful feeling that kids get Christmas morning.  I hope that Mom and Dad are just so happy to see your face as you walk down the stairs and see the gifts that Santa has brought you.  I also hope that you can feel of my love here from Madagasikara.  I love you all so much.  Thanks for love and support!!!  See you on Thursday morning!!

All my Love

Elder Herrin

No comments:

Post a Comment