Sunday, February 8, 2015

Tamatave

Dear Family,

How are we all doing this wonderful week?  One month of 2015 already down... crazy right?  I pray for you and always am hoping that you are doing well.  So... not to get all selfish on you all, but I had a pretty great week that I would love to tell you all about.

So, it was extremely sad to be leaving Fort D.  We had our last soiree with our Branch President on Monday, and left on Tuesday morning.  I didnt really say goodbye to anyone.  So, Tuesday morning I got on a flight to Tana.  Pretty mediocre flight.  Peanuts and a cup of juice.  The rest of the day was just hanging out at the office.  We stayed the night with the AP's then got up Wednesday morning really early and were at a bus stop that was taking me and one other elder to Tamatave.  I went with Elder Tiu.  He is deffinitely Asian American.  He doesnt talk... at all, so we got along great.  I tried to sleep, didnt happen.  8 hours later, we arrived in Tamatave.  It is very very very hot here.  I am also on bikes.  My new comp picked me up from the bus stop and I was expecting to put my luggage in a taxi home, but we just bot a little pus pus for my luggage, and we rode our bikes home behind the pus.  The work here goes pretty well.  We are teaching around 20ish lessons a week.  My companion is great.  Elder Bowler is his name, and he is NOT from Utah.  (Gasps everywhere) He is a funny kid who is great at the language.  So, this week not a whole lot happened.  I am trying to learn a new area, a new leadership position, and how to be a better missionary.  I think I might have to swich the way I do my hair becuase the helmet that i have to wear is definitely messing my hair up.  Not ok with me.  So I ride my bike in all sorts of sand, which makes it really hard to go straight.  I have already hit a bambo fence, fallen once, and made myself look pretty silly.  Its all part of the process right?  Ohh, so we did have a baptism this week.  I didnt know the guy at all, but it was cool to be apart of another baptism here.  I know that this gospel is true, that it brings the family the most happiness.  I know that this work is what I need to be doing right now in this part of my life.  I know that we recieve more blessings as we are more obedient to following the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Thanks for all the support and love that you send.  I love you all so much.

Elder Herrin

No comments:

Post a Comment