Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Rain, Splits, and Zone Conference

Dear Family,

What a wonderful week it has been here in Tamatave.  I know that Brock and I say that every week, but really, every week is just bliss.  So, first of all I am glad to hear that everyone is healthy and happy.  SMILE!  I love hearing from all of you, it makes happy to hear from everyone. 

So, much rain came down this week.  Like, more than I would like, but that is not in my control.  Attitude and Effort, right coach? So, I want to start with the beginning of my week.  Last Monday, we were eating at a small chicken place where the owner tried to please us by playing American music... from the 80's!  I was brought back to the times with dad just being able to know every single creepy 80's song on pandora.  We heard Phil Collins, Duran Duran, Tears for Fears, Billy Idol, and the gogo's to name a few. It was really cool to hear all of it. I think that we are going to that same place today.  To follow that, this week was great as we spent every day on foot. My bike chain broke and we dont have the parts here in Tamatave to fix it.  So... we were literally walking through puddles that were knee deep sometimes.  And the water, or "water" is so so so gross.  I swear I had like leeches in my socks.  This week came really quick.  Friday came upon me and before I knew it the AP's were at my house for the zone conference that we had on Saturday.  We went on a split Friday night and I felt really bad because we just contacted for like two hours straight.  Didnt really get much except for one crazy guy, who said he would come to church, and actually came.  But I wanna share the joys of this last zone conference.  President Adams is quite the teacher, in an extremely spiritual, harsh way. He grills you until you have to think on your own and actually come up with good, solid answers.  He grilled me pretty hard.  We talked all about the law of sacrifice, and even more the law of concecration and how making them effective in our lives can help us recieve a place in the celestial kingdom with our Heavenly Father.  Thats the goal.  It was such a great meeting. And, the coolest thing happened too... We got to watch Meet the Mormons.  I guess the church wants all the missionaries to see it, so we actually got to watch it.  Cool movie, I got really trunky when  the football coaches segment was on.  Man, I miss football.  Sunday was really stressful because Pres. Adams visited our Branch and of course nothing went right.  Then, later that afternoon, we could not get this drunk guy to stop following us.  He told us that we were french and didnt understand Malagasy... even though we were speaking to him in Malagasy.  Then we tried to lose him (we first tried to make him fall in a puddle, then we tried to run) but he always ended up walking next to us trying to put his arm around us.  Ohhh, it was funny to say the least.  I am so grateful to be serving here and enjoying the blessings that my Father in Heaven give me.  I love being a missionary.  Here are a few pics from the week. 

All my Love

Elder Herrin


Me, trying to sleep before heading out to work on Sunday

A random house whose padio cover was being held up by 3 posts that werent touching the ground... Malagasy construction...

No comments:

Post a Comment