Monday, September 14, 2015

GO GO GO!!!

Dear Family,

How are we doing this week?  Mom tells me that we are doing well and in full swing of things.  I also heard that BYU put on a big stellar upset the other day.  I heard it from Elder Morley's parents.  He is a missionary that just left, and his parents had come to pick him up!  I love that guy.  Anyway, I probably had the most tiring week of my entire mission...

I am now working in a ward.  My very first ward since my mission began.  It is called the Anjanahary Ward.  I have also been working a lot closer with the mission president, President Foote.  I have been doing a lot more mission work as opposed to missionary work. 

At least twice, every single day this week, I have been to the airport either picking up, or dropping people off.  And because I am in Madagasikara we were even there waiting for flights to come in that never came.  Its always fun to be sitting there with the mission President at two in the morning waiting for two sister missionaries who should be coming from the MTC and find out that the flight was changed to the next day at two in the morning... yaa. 

As I noted in the first paragraph, one of my favorite missionaries, Elder Morley, has left the mission.  I got to meet his parents and enjoy a very nice meal with them and the mission president and his wife. 

One of the coolest experiences that I was able to participate in was picking up 11 new elders straight from the MTC.  I drove back to the mission home with just two elders because I was driving a smaller car, but it was so cool to see their faces as I zoomed through the streets of Madagasikara.  Then we were able to go through a meeting and a training meeting with them and just see the new light that they have with them.  What a special thing a mission is.  

One cool thing that I thought I might share is that I will be learning sign language in this area.  We have a recent convert that is deaf and LOVES the missionaries.  He has already given me a name.  He makes a hand motion over his eye brow.  I guess I have large eye brows cause that's what stuck out to him.  I am excited to start learning that. 

Things should start to mellow out because the transfer is over now.  We have a lot of traveling to do this month and missionaries to meet and help. I am so so excited to be working here in Anjanahary.  I just hope that I catch some more rest.  I am going to send you some pictures of my good byes in Antsirabe.  Thanks for all the love and support. I love being a missionary!

All my Love

Elder Herrin

No comments:

Post a Comment