Monday, October 5, 2015

On The Road Again

Dear Family,

How're we doin??  We are almost into the month of October!!  That means that school is in full swing, sports are just the only thing on TV and that Herrin life is just getting crazy!   I sure do miss it.   Thanks you all for keeping me updated on everyday life.  Its nice to be aware of all the happenings.  My life is just pretty boring over here in Madagasikara ;)

I am writing from the same place I was two weeks ago, Fianarantsoa.  Today we got up and drove up to this really cool catholic thing.  Its called the crown of thorns... self explanatory.  Elder Rigby and I are doing some splits down here and then to ambositra, antsirabe, tamatave to do more splits.  I would love to share a little about my week.

All of the week, up until about Friday was spent in the office.  We had a lot to do to get statistics updated, to try and finalize the transfer, to prepare for all of the traveling that we are going to be doing in the next two months. In preparation, I had a couple morning to do all of my studies. 

We got up one morning, and I was studying from Preach my Gospel and from the Book of Mormon.  I was studying about studies.  We had kinda been talking a lot about it recently with President Foote and I know that it is something that I need to work on.  I was reading in Preach My Gospel about accountability.  We have to hold ourselves accountable for what we do.  If we set goals, but dont follow up on them... what good did those goals do for you?  It all comes down to consistency.  Elder Rigby and I talked a little bit about studies and holding yourself accountible.  I really liked the scripture that it referenced in D&C 58:27 - 33.  We all need to be anxiously engaged in a good cause.  Whether that be studies for school, or studying the scripture, we need to be engaged and hold ourselves accountible to do those things. 

I love my mission.  Luke asked me the other day if I was excited to go home.  Without thought I said yes.  But I just think to myself... why would I wanna come home when this is SO good.  I promise, I will come home, but its not going to be easy.  I love you all so much.  Thanks for the love and support.  I love being a missionary!

Elder Herrin

No comments:

Post a Comment