Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Another Day Another Blessing

Dear Family,

What a blessing it is to be here writing to you all today.  I pray that you are all in high spirits and feeling the wonderful blessings that the gospel has to offer.  I thank you all for the prayers that are sent my way.  I know that its kind of selfish, but I definitely wouldn't be able to make it through my mission without those prayers... so keep sending them please.  Ty, keep running hard.  I cant wait to go out and play with you.  Maci... uhhh don't drop anyone?  Rhet, hit a little harder, I promise that you will start to grow some hair on your chest.  The only reason I know that is cause I didnt hit hard and I didnt grow hair... maybe it will work for you! 

This week was just another great week.  I emailed you last week from a place called Fianarantsoa.  We were down there with President Foote who was doing interviews with all of the missionaries in that area.  We came back through Antsirabe and I was able to go on splits with the Antsirabe elders (Obioma) and continue teaching all of the way cool investigators in that area.  I enjoyed it a lot.

I also had the opportunity to work in Manandona with Elder Yeagley.  I worked with him in Fort D.  His area is really struggling as he is the Branch President and they need all the support that they can get.  During that split, we had a Branch Presidency meeting.  Elder or President Yeagley asked me to add some input or give advice... uhh??  I talked about the teachings that we recieved from Elder Cook when he was here.  That is centers of strength.  We are pulling elders out of smaller areas and putting them in the main areas of Madagasikara.  I asked the council what would happen if we pulled the missionaries out of Manandona.  One of the coolest responses came from the guy that they are looking at to replace Elder Yeagley as Branch President.  He said, "If we can get the home teaching to go, we can get the Branch to go."  Way cool.  Just shows you that no matter how young the church may be, the Lord is always preparing people to harvest the white field.   We drove back on Thursday and had a lot to do in the office. 

We spent all day Friday doing statistics for the mission.  This mission is doing so well.  Its really cool to see all of the progression that each area is making.  I love this great calling!  We had a pretty slow Saturday and Sunday.

My sabbath was so so nice.  I am having the opportunity to work, for the first time on my mission, in a ward.  It just kind of goes by itself.  The lessons were great, the ward council was just astounding, and all I had to do was translate for the mission couples.  That was hard.  Yesterday, my Preparation Day, was great.  We had the opportunity to play some basketball at the office, we drove lots of Elders around trying to do little things.  The evening got very interesting when we went to dinner.  We had dinner with Pres. and Sis. Foote at a small place here in Tana.  We were walking back to our car when we witnessed a moto accident.  At that same time that was happening, I ran to help a little boy who was profusely bleeding and the poor mother who didnt know what to do.  There were 4 missionaries in the street with the accident and on the sidewalk trying to help a struggling mother and child.  Makes you really grateful for where you come from and having the gospel in your life. 

I know that I am protected from so much here in Madagasikara because of the work that I am doing and the prayers that are sent my way.  I know that I am a servant of our savior Jesus Christ.  I know that this gospel is true. 

Thank you so much.  Dont forget to smile. 

All my Love

Elder Herrin

No comments:

Post a Comment