Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Week

Dear family,

How are we doing this week??  I dont know about where you guys are, but where I am it is starting to get HOT!!  I think about you guys a lot and pray for you everyday!  So this week was hard, not gonna lie.  Each morning this week we had somewhere to be... whether it be a doctors app or district meeting or meeting our zone leader for splits... we had something everymorning.  Thats all good, but I really like my study time.  I am in 3rd Nephi right now reading about how Jesus is just like "REPENT, just listen to me and things will be good, repent you dumb people that are my children!"  I shouldnt word it like that, but its like why dont they just do what he says... then I look at the words I just said... How easy is it to see from the outside looking in.  Anyways, like I said pretty hard week.  Didnt get to work on Wednesday again because my comp was feeling not to good from all the dental work being done.  Thursday we got out to work and had a lot of app drop but at the end of the day we went to this family who is learning from us.  We had taught them about the Book of Mormon and we were testifying to them of the truthfulness of it.  Man was the spirit so strong.  I thought it would be a good opportunity to bless them with the hard work of the Wood family.  I gave them each a bracelet.  The smile on their face when they got this was like getting bread after not having food for weeks.  Just brightens up their day and week. Friday we had a a split to do a bap interview for a 12 year old boy.  Elder Weber is now the zone leader.  I came to find a friend in him as we shared our experiences of how tough our companions are right now.  It was really nice to be able to speak english for a day.  Havent been able to do that in a while.  Saturday was the baptism and things just tanked.  It was my first baptism that I put together all by myself.  It went just smooth as butter, no problems, and everyone was happy.  All returned missionaries know that all of that is false!!  I had to ask people to give talks the day of, we were not able to print off the schedule thingy, and one of my talks showed up late.  All in all, the baptism happened and everything went. I knew that it didnt go well, but my comp thought he would let me know that he didnt think it went well either.  I got to sit there and take that Malagasy to my dome.  Yesterday was way nice.  Church was nice and the times that we had went well.  My zone leader let me know that my area is being carefully watched by the stake because there are many problems behind closed doors... just great!!  I love it though.  I am so grateful to be here, I am so grateful for prayer.  Try it sometime, it really helps.  Thanks for all the support!! I love you so much. 

All my Love

Elder Herrin

No comments:

Post a Comment