Monday, September 8, 2014

Useless Week

Dear Family,

So what a boring week this week was.  Also, what a cold week it was!! I wore sweaters and scarfs almost everyday because of the extreme wind and cold.  Kind of strange for being September, its the start of summer here!!  So this week was just not good.  Tuesday we went out to teach and not only was like none of our investigators home, but my companion was complaining of pain in his head and sinus pain too.  The next day we had an appointment with the dentist.  I should have sent a picture home earlier, but he had a huge cavity in his two front teeth and there was a whole from the cavity.  Our mission President paid for that to be fixed.  He got a filling, an extra tooth pulled and some other little things done.  Needless to say he was drugged up and we couldnt work the rest of Wednesday! Thurdsday I got him to go out to work with me, even though he still complained of pain.  However, we came home early because I gave into his plea for pain.  Friday the same sort of thing happened, we went out to work and then we came home because he was not feeling good.  This was not only getting to be annoying, but the area that we serve in NEEDS the missionaries.  I, once again, became his little nurse, tending to his needs, giving him medication every couple hours.  Saturday we got out and we went to an activity with the JAS... its french for young single adults.  We had a small lesson, and then learned how to do malagasy dances, kareoke, and other fun things.  It was a really good activity because there were non members there and they were able to be in the church and have a good time with the members.  If you were wondering, yes I did dance, but no, I did not sing kareoke.  My companion somehow had the energy to dance with us, pretty much a miracle in my eyes.  Sorry I shouldnt say that.  I just hope that he can get better soon.  Sunday we went to church and it was really cool to listen to the members bear their testimony on repentance, or the sabbath day, or certain topics.  After the second hour, we left to meet our mission doctor to see if she could help my companion any more.  All that she could do was give him stronger medicine until we can get to a doctor.  So, yesterday he took some codine and slept all day... I was left to study, take stats for my district, and just kind of hang around till it came time for bed.  All in all, I am doing great, I am happy to have a companion who can teach me the language, I am happy to be healthy, I am happy to be serving the Lord.  What more can you ask for right?  I am doing my best.  I love you all so much and hope that you have a wonderful day.  Sorry the letter is not that long this week... not a lot happened. 

All my Love

Elder Herrin

No comments:

Post a Comment