Monday, September 22, 2014

God Does Love Me

Dear Family,

How are we doing this week??  I know that my week was one of the, if not the best week I have had with my current companion.  Although things were a little hard last week, the famous quote "SUCK IT UP" from ole Lloyd.  Hahaha, oh man thinking about that just brightens my day!  So Monday we lost our soccer game... not a happy elder herrin.  But, gotta remember I am a missionary....I also went and bought some lamba for something that I am making here.  Tuesday and Wednesday were just great.  We worked really hard this week and taught more times this week than I ever have in this area.  On Thursday we had zone meeting and I got to spend some time with my scottish friend and make friends with an elder named rice. Such a stud, his sister is a model and he is talking to a model right now... Ok so I had a really good week, but there is one specific time that I want to share with you. Last night, Sunday night, we went to our last time of the night.  It was a family.  Mother and Father with 5 kids ranging from 10 to 2.  I was so happy that we could teach them because they are really great.  So the youngest daughter who is 2 is deathly afraid of me because I am tall and white... like she sees me and just starts to scream and cry... I tried to make that better by giving her chocolate.  There were two small bars in a bag so I gave one to the 2 year old and the other to the 4 year old.  The two year old didnt know what it was, but the 4 year old new it was chocolate. I honestly dont think that this little girl had seen a wrapper before because she didnt know how to get into the chocolate.  At first she stared at it and then I watched her brain work and she thought, "I can do this with my teeth"  So the small girl started to bite at it.  I want to paint this picture for you so try and catch my thoughts.  She bit down on the wrapper, then with all her might, she pulled up with her head and pulled down on the chocolate with her hands crushing the chocolate.  She repeated this motion probably 60 times and got nowhere.  Her kind older sister tried to help, but the small girl wanted the chocolate so bad that she didnt want anyone to even touch the chocolate.  FInally she realized she was defeated and let her older sister open it.  This girl was crazy. She was running around and playing and it was like YESS, this is what a normal family is like.  Later during the time, the youngest daughter passed gas... really loudly!  She just smiled a smile of relief almost.  I couild not control myself and burst out into laughter.  The father looked at his youngest daughter with a confused look trying to understand how that noise came out of his youngest daughter.  He then chuckled emberassingly and apologized saying that when it gets later at night thats what his daughter does.  I just laughed and am laughing even now writing this to you!!  That time was so good for me because it reminded me of my hectic family back home.  Ty running around, dad saying to sit quietly, ty not listening... oh man.  I am grateful for this time.  I am so happy and love being a missionary.  I love you all so much. 

ALl my Love

Elder Herrin

No comments:

Post a Comment