Monday, March 2, 2015

Mini-Transfer

Dear Family,

Ohh man, how grateful I am to be emailing you this week.  I feel so blessed to share my week with all of you. I just wish that you could all see and feel what I get to see and feel.  Its beyond describeable.  I hope you are all happy and healthy and feelin the love from your elder in Madagascar! 

This week started off kind of sad.  We had a missionary head home out of the blue.  He came down from the roof of the house one night with tears in his eyes.  None of us wanted to put salt in the wound, so we kind of left it alone.  The next day, he told us that he was leaving on Wednesday and would be home by Friday.  He was an amazing missionary and one that we all loved to be around.  But, we all have a path and there is a reason for everything.  The next couple of days were kind of a blur.  We were trying to work out splits and who was working with who and when and blah blah blah.  I worked three different areas this week.  I got to work with a bunch of missionaries in my zone which was a blessing.  We have been blessed with awesome missionaries in this mission.  In one of the areas (which happens to border the beach) we were headed to a french house.  Now, I know you all think im not good at french, but it is the 2nd language of this country... and yaa I dont speak. But we were teaching the French guy's guard.  hahaha, classic.  He walked out of the gate and thats where we taught... we stood outside of the gate and taught him. The owner wouldnt let us in, so we had to teach outside the house.  He asked GREAT questions. He wanted to know about the New Jerusalem... what is that?  We also got to have a really cool soiree in a different area.  The family had a little child named Jefferey!  He was the most hyper kid.  He reminded me both of Jeffrey and of Ty from back home!  I played with the kid all night.  The mother said I could take him home with me... I would have loved to, but I told her it was against the rules... she laughed.  Things are going to be more alligned this week. For the last two weeks of the transfer, I will be in a trio.  We will combine my area and another for the last two weeks.  I am doing really well here in Tamatave.  Happy and healthy I am.  Love the work. One year down!  One to go! Thanks for all of the blessings and prayers on my behalf!  Means the world. 

All my Love

Elder Herrin

my comp and I

me and my fanny pack

No comments:

Post a Comment