Monday, March 30, 2015

Slow Week... Short E-mail

This is my companion with a Lemur that was just roaming around our investigators house as a pet...
Dear Family,

Ohh how happy I am to send you a letter every week and just tell you all how happy I am, and how happy this work makes me.  I hope that all of you are just as happy as I am.  I know, without a doubt, that this gospel will make you happy if you apply its teachings in your life.  If, you give EVERYTHING to the Lord.  Anyway... what is this Jesus talk, its like I am a missionary or something.

This week was actually kinda slow... A lot of our investigators dropped us.  Depressing.  We got a lot of time to contact, which just makes every missionary jump for joy... (read with sarcasm) My companion has slowly learned to understand me and my personality so he is making me talk at a lot more doors now, which is good... I just dont like leaving my comfort zone.  Ahh.  At the end of the week, Pres. Adams came to do interviews with all of the missionaries in Tamatave.  I had a wonderful interview with him.  He reassured me of how well I am doing and made me feel that I can continue to grow and learn from my current companion.  I really do love my companion and my President.  Both great people.  On Sunday, after sacrament meeting, we made the 8 hour, windy, bumpy drive back to Tana.  Yep, im in Tana right now!!! We drove with Pres... which was way nice cause they fed us... not rice.  (AWESOME!!!)  So, today we got to go and play football with all of the Elders here in Tana... SOOOOO fun!  I have sure missed that whole "sport" thing that used to occupy my whole life about 2 to 3 years ago.  It will never get old.  Ohh, so ya, the reason that I am here is there is a meeting tomorrow that my companion and I have to attend so thats why I am here.  But ya... not much to report on other than right now, I am so so happy.  At this point in my mission, I am loving it.  I love this gospel and I love the people that I associate with every day.  Keep smiling, Elder Herrin loves you.

All my Love

Elder Herrin



No comments:

Post a Comment