Monday, July 13, 2015

Just Solid

Dear Family,

How are we all doin this week?  Have we recovered from the parties from the 4th of July?  It sounds like everyones 4th was just awesome, I cant wait to party with you all on the 4th next year.  I had just a solid week of preaching the gospel.  And no week would be complete without some fun mada surprises!

This week Elder Obioma and I worked real hard.  At the end of the week, we had taught 31 lessons and had 31 hours of total proselyting time.  We started off the week great.  We found some new people to teach.  We had member help with us too.  Ranjato is his name and his family actually made the back cover of the July 2015 Liahona.  Ranjato served a mission in South Africa and is fluent in english, so it was fun to teach with him. On wednesday, we had a zone meeting where elder obioma gave a great lesson about setting goals and becoming better people.  Elder Mumford, an elder who is in the same house with me (who also goes home in a week) bore his testimony and began to cry.  It hit him, that this is it.  It was a cool meeting, cause after elder obioma and I made lunch for the zone.  They were all impressed.  I went on a split with elder mumford that day and got to know him.  He is such a great missionary.  The rest of the week went just as well as the beginning of the week. 

On Saturday morning... the craziest thing happened.  But, unfortunately, I am not going to tell you about it.  At 2 in the morning, my companion and I went to the home of an investigator to witness a "fomba gas"  I would love to tell you about it, but I could not put it into words.  It is the CRAZIEST thing I have seen in Mada yet.  It will be epic when you see the video I got. sorry.

On Sunday, yet another surprise hit us.  Brother Aldous (my MTC teacher) showed up to the church!!  I was ecstatic to give him a hug. He will be here for 2 weeks.  He has extrememly long jesus hair but he has still got the malagasy.  He actually came and helped us teach on sunday.  On sunday we also made a stop to the hospital cause one of our members is sick.  I had the opportunity to give her a blessing.  Her name is:  Nomenjanahary Voahirana Dina Hasana Zoeline.  Yaa that was fun to say.  I felt so blessed that I had the preisthood and worthy to use it. 

I love you all so much.  SMILE.  never forget that!  I love being a missionary!

Elder Herrin

The way malagasys dry clothes

A couple of real cute kids.  Moroni is one of thier names

Brother Aldous and I

No comments:

Post a Comment