Monday, July 27, 2015

The Week

Dear Family,

I hope that your week was filled with just as much excitement as mine was.  I was thinking a lot about you all this week cause I knew that summer was coming to a close and that some of the families health was not doing so hot.  So you were all on my mind a little more this week.  Let me tell you about my week, it was awesome!

So, Monday through Thursday we worked with Elder Tavo.  His comp transferred out and so we were in a trio with him.  He is from the island called vanuatu.  Pretty crazy place. We had a great time with him as we taught lots of times and visited lots of great people.  Things started to get crazy on Thursday night. 

We got home from work and I was greeted by a huge hug from Elder Morley and Elder Yeagley!! The APs drove all of the elders to thier areas.  So there were about 20 elders that piled into our house.  3 or 4 of them were brand new right out of the MTC.  One of them is living with us.  That night I stayed up till about 12 and just chatted with Elder Godfrey who I worked with in Tamatave and Elder Stringfellow who is training in our house.  Love those guys.  The next morning, Elder Stringfellow was supposed to take the elders to the bus stop so they could finish thier journey down to fianarantsoa, but he was so so sick.  Luckily I had my international drivers license with me. I drove the elders to the bus stop and got them off with the APs. 

Friday, I wanted the new trainee to get out to work, so I stayed home with string while his trainee, becker, went out with obioma.  I made rolls, studied in my scriptures... pretty boring day. 

New thing that we have been dealing with all weekend was the Manandona elders.  Thats elder Yeagley.  Well they have a truck to take them to thier area which is a 30 minute drive from where they live.  Elder Yeagley does not have a license... so I have had to take them down and pick them up every day.  Been real fun.  (read with sarcasm) 

Sunday was probably one of the best sundays I have had in country.  We picked up that amazing family, Michel and Tina and they came to church with us.  They loved it.  We had 13 investigators total at church which was just a blessing! 

I continue to love my mission with all my heart.  I am learning so  much from everything that I do!  I love you all very much.   Here are some of the pictures I took. 

All my Love

Elder Herrin

That was the district before the really tall guy went home.  Elder Tavo is the short black one

This is Michel and Tina... The best

Elder Obioma and I are chefs... fish tacos.  TO DIE FOR!!

Me by the door of our investigators house... a house for midgets

Elder Obioma playing with kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment