Monday, July 6, 2015

Too Much for One Title

Dear Family,

How are you all doing?  How was the wondrful 4th of July?  It looks like you all had a bunch of fun.  I can only imagine what it was like in the states.  I hope that you are all smiling.  The other day I shared a little spiritial thought about that scripture that says spiritually minded is life eternal.  SMILE.  Love that.  It has definitely helped me on my mission.  This week was just insane, let me tell you!

This week was Krusty Krab Pizza Week.  On Monday, we spent our entire day making pizzas, for every single evening.  I will attach some of the pictures from that lovely tasteful adventure.  We ended up with like 12 pizzas in the freezer, quite a site.  Then we had a soiree with a returned missionary in the branch... rice!!  Woohoo!  Hahaha. 

The week went well in terms of teaching.  I have a funny story to share.  We have been teaching this less active family that was baptized in 2009.  They are a really great family and are just humble. We had just shared the message of the restoration of the gospel and I was saying the closing prayer.  While I was praying, one of the many chickens that were running around on the floor jumped up onto my lap.  You can bet that it kind of through me off.  But the spirit of the Lord prevailed.  Hahaha, I heard my comp kind of chuckle because it startled me so much, but I continued to pray, with my eyes open, just to make sure no more funny business was gonna happen. 

There was also a lesson that was just so great, I have to share it.  We have taught this family for about 2 weeks now, so maybe been in thier house 3 times.  We were teaching about the plan os salvation and the things that we need to do here in this life in order to return to live with God.  Baptism.  My companion kind of openly just asked them if they would be willing to follow Jesus Christs example, and be baptized with the correct authority on the earth.  Like all malagasys, they kinda were shocked, and responded with, "efa vita batisa izahay"  Which is we are already baptized.  At that point, my companion and I just beautifully constructed two testimony's with the help of scriptures to help them understand the need of the baptism again.  I also shared that we did not force anyone into baptism, but we shared that we know this must be done in order for happiness to join the family.  It was great when the mother just kinda said, well im in.  And the husband followed suit. 

Soo, we got a new mission president also.  On Saturday night as we were headed to our last lesson, we got a call from the AP's saying that they were on thier way down to Antsirabe that moment with President Foote to come meet the zone.  The dude is just a huge ball of joy.  He is like the happiest man alive.  He wants to have so much fun and just "set the place on fire" according to his words.  I think he is going to be a lot of fun. 

Just a last note.  Do not eat overdue food.  It will DESTROY you.  I almost thought that for one moment I was going to be that Elder to join the poop your pants club as I slept.  But I held tight, literally.  Still clean.

Anyway, I love you all so much.  I thank you for all the support and prayers.  They are felt here in Madagascar.  I love being a missionary!

ELder Herrin





No comments:

Post a Comment